Monday, November 22, 2010

I want that too some day...

Fall Fun.  11.20.2010



This weekend we made a trip to Babies "R" Us.  I say a trip because the closest Babies "R" Us to us means a 15-20 minute car ride, even when we jump on the interstate.  Before arriving at Babies "R" Us we stopped at Culvers for lunch.  We were hungry & Culvers is conveniently located right across from Babies "R" Us.

We ended up sitting next to a much older couple.  I was trying to feed Case & he wasn't having any part of it.  Instead, he was interested in waiving to the couple next to us.  The woman kept waiving back and perhaps the man did too, but I couldn't see him well from where I was sitting.  The woman got up at some point and I continued to try and feed Case, literally jumping from one chair to the next depending on which way his head was facing.  It was classic.  I noticed the man taking an interest as to what was going on & Case was sure interested in him.  The man told me Case would eat when he was hungry and I halfway agreed.  He told me that seeing Case brought back memories of their three daughters who are now grown and in their 60's.  That really caught my attention.  Wow!  If only Dane & I could live long enough to see Case into his 60's.  That would be amazing!  But Case in his 60's?!  Oh my gosh, that is crazy.

When the man and his wife left I looked at Dane and I told him that I hoped that would be us some day; that we might have a similar story.  That couple was getting around great! More so though, how beautiful would it be to live to 80+ and still be in the company of your one love and your grown children?  Can you imagine?  I actually can't right now, that seems too far off.  I do though desperately hope that Dane & I get to live out that fairytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment