Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas (and the cold temperatures) are upon us!

 Oh my.  Winter surely has arrived!  I guess I shouldn't have gotten used to the very mild, sometimes warm, November & December temperatures...but I did.  That was until December 11th hit; the day of Dane's work holiday party.  It turned nasty cold and windy.  It was literally freezing outside.  We lost power that night and left the party early to get home to Case. 

I have found that it is harder to get myself & the little one of the house these last few days.  We mostly play inside our (warm) house and run only the necessary errands - grocery store, drug store, post office, etc.  A normal day for us consists of breakfast, dancing excessively to Mariah Carey's Christmas CD, playing (or mostly cheering Case on as he mows around the living/family room), lunch, bathtime, naptime, more playing inside, dinner, more playing inside, & bed.  I am so excited for Case to celebrate his 2nd Christmas and get some new toys...I think his old ones are starting to be less and less exciting.

Is it just me though or is it others too that find it harder to be motivated the colder it gets?  Thank goodness I was nearly all done with our Christmas shopping weeks ago.  I have no desire to fight the cold or the holiday traffic & lines in stores.

Despite some of winters annoyances though I actually do like the cold months.  Yes, perhaps winter does last a few weeks too long some years, but I can honestly say it just doesn't feel right without cold.  I can say this because I lived in CA for a couple years.  Curling up to a nice warm fire and drinking hot chocolate when it is 60+ degrees outside just never seemed right or even appropriate really.  I guess I am just a true midwestern girl at heart :)

So anyways, our family is ready for Christmas.  Ready to see our little boy tear open some presents and go wild with the new basketball hoop and ball "Santa" got him (among other things).  This Christmas is going to be fantastic.  We are going to be surrounded by most all of our family and loved ones, we will eat wonderfully huge Christmas dinners, and we will surely be blessed beyond bounds.  So incase I don't get to blog before the 25th, Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope this Christmas finds all of you with plenty of food on your table & in the company of your loved ones. And now to end with a little scripture...

Luke 2:8-12; 13-14

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields near by, keeping watch over their flocks by night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
"Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.""

No comments:

Post a Comment